How to Boost Your Home's Curb Appeal
Tuesday Mar 22nd, 2016Share
The Lawn and Landscaping
• Mow your lawn twice a week, pull weeds and rake up your leaves.
• Trim hedges and shrubs, as well as tree limbs that are located near the roof.
• Sweep your walkways.
• Plant a variety of colourful flowers that complement one another and bloom throughout the growing season. Be sure to weed and mulch your flower beds to keep your plants healthy.
• Clean your windows and gutters, and pressure wash your siding and decks.
• Freshen up the exterior of your home with a coat of paint.
• Get a new front door. If this isn’t possible, replace the hardware and stain or paint the door.
• Install new accents like house numbers, kick plates, doorbell buttons or mail slots.
• Replace your roof, if necessary. To keep the growth of moss and fungus at bay, place a strip of zinc underneath the shingles along the roofline of your house.
• Add an awning over your deck or patio to enjoy the outdoors for more of the year.
Your home’s street-view appearance is a buyer’s first in-person impression, particularly if they spotted your home on the Internet first. Although photographs can give a buyer an idea of the features the home offers, seeing it in-person is their chance to see how the pieces work together with the surrounding neighbourhood. Many homebuyers drive by a home or schedule a walk-through after viewing it on the Web. Since many will do so in the evening after work, consider installing lights along your driveway and walkway or adding a decorative light fixture to the front of the home.